[轉貼] BBC Two
21 tbsp (approx. 50 g) fresh lemon balm leaves
3 tbsp wheatgerm oil
115 ml olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp beeswax
5 drops tea tree oil
- 1. Wash and strip the lemon balm leaves and chop finely. In a pan over a slow heat, stir and crush one third of the lemon balm leaves with the wheatgerm and olive oil for 10 minutes, or until it starts to bubble. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- 2. Strain the oil through a muslin-lined sieve or colander into a bowl, squeezing the leaves to get out all remaining juice. Throw away the squeezed leaves.
- 3. Repeat this process twice more with the remaining 2 batches of lemon balm leaves, using the same oil.
- 4. Place the oil in the pan on a gentle heat and add the honey and beeswax. Stir until melted, then take off the heat and stir in the tea tree oil.
- 5. Pour the salve into small sterilized jars, where it will set solid within 10 minutes.
USE: Apply to cold sores whenever needed.
STORAGE Keeps for up to 1 year.